#WODC USA Session preview- Pricing & Reimbursement workshop
Medical Marketing Economics (MME) has completed 125+ orphan price strategies in the last three years. We will help you learn to develop a value-based marketing strategy for your orphan product.
Gain from our unique combination of 1) manufacturer, customer economic, and clinical perspectives combined with 2) solid academic theory.
Workshop title – Orphan Pricing and Reimbursement: History, Present, and Future
Who is it for?
Orphan company executive and team members including:
- Clinical Development
- Global Branding
- Pricing, reimbursement and market access
- Research & Development (Domestic & Global)
- Product Management
- Forecasting and Portfolio
What is the problem pharma faces that your expertise/approach can help resolve?
Pricing and reimbursement are critical in setting and capturing the value of orphan therapies. Developing a coherent and cohesive strategy is getting more complicated with changes in market access throughout the globe.
What are the benefits of your approach?
- In addition to work in oncology and orphan markets, we have helped >40 ultra-orphan drugs to identify, frame, communicate and capture the value of their therapies.
- Unique combination of manufacturer and customer perspectives combined with solid academic theory
- Strategy development and tactical execution to support informed decision making
- Assessment and planning of opportunities and competitive situations at every stage of the product life cycle.
- Our methods are designed to develop an understanding of the value perceptions of all meaningful stakeholders
What are the benefits of attending your workshop?
- The orphan markets have examples of products that have exceeded expectations and those that have yet to achieve initial forecasts. Pricing and reimbursement is a factor that can work in either direction. During this workshop we will look at the role pricing and reimbursement have played around the globe and what we can expect in the future.
- Understand the current orphan drug environment and the potential changes in the near future include sustainability of orphan pricing
- Key issues related to pricing and reimbursement of orphan drugs in the US and EU5
What are the topics you’re going to cover?
- History of orphan drugs and definitions/segments as well as how they are evolving
- Selecting appropriate orphan pricing frames
- Factors driving pricing and reimbursement decisions, including:
- Multiple indications
- Different formulations
- Gross-to-Net implications
- Market access opportunities and challenges in major orphan markets
- Sustainability of orphan drug pricing
Medical Marketing Economics (MME) is joining us as sponsors at World Orphan Drug Congress USA 2016. To register and be apart of their workshop, visit the conference website >