During a 60 Minutes interview Sunday night with Leslie Stahl, Trump detailed plans to keep ObamaCares’ pre-existing condition provision and provide a means for covering children living with parents for extended periods of time: “It adds cost but its very much something we are going to try to keep.” To see the complete interview, click here.
- Completely repeal Obamacare.
- Modify existing law that inhibits the sale of health insurance across state lines.
- Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns.
- Allow individuals to use Health Savings Accounts (HSAs).
- Require price transparency from all healthcare providers, especially doctors and healthcare organizations like clinics and hospitals.
It is safe to say that we are all eager to see how things play out. World Orphan Drug Congress USA 2017 is in the prime position (April 2017) to be the arena where we discuss “What does Trump mean for Rare Diseases?”